Cedar River Light

1889

LAKE MICHIGAN LIGHTS

National Archives Photo

HOME

The main light helped guide boats to the port from open waters, and two "pole" range lights (which were added in 1891) helped finish the approach.

LOCATION: At the mouth of the Cedar River (30 miles N. of Menominee), W side of Green Bay, NW side of Lake Michigan

CURRENT TOWER LIT: 1889

CURRENT USE: No longer exists

AUTOMATED: Unknown (but probably not)

DEACTIVATED: 1922 --- all the lights are gone,but the 2-story keeper's cottage remains as a private residence

FOUNDATION MATERIALS: Emplaced

LIGHTHOUSE MATERIALS: Wood

TOWER SHAPE: Square --- 40ft. tall

COLOR(S)/MARKINGS/PATTERN: White

ORIGINAL LENS: Unknown (but probably a Sixth Order, Fresnel)